Friday, March 8, 2013

March 8th, 2013 - Pancakes at Panwa Beach

We took advantage of the shuttle bus today to visit Ao Yon Beach, which cuts a considerable distance off of the trip to Panwa Beach. Under normal (walking) circumstances, it’s about 3 km, so you can imagine how thrilled we were to avoid that. And because Panwa Beach is so gorgeous, here’s another picture:


DSC02121




Prior to meeting up with some friends, Geogirl and I stopped for pancakes at the aptly named Cindy Pancake. I don’t know who Cindy is, exactly, but this woman is a pancake goddess. I’m not even exaggerating, these pancakes are amazing. For any other pancake enthusiasts out there, I highly recommend it.

DSC02112

Fifty baht for one of the best pancakes I've ever tasted. How could I resist?


DSC02116

Okay, so technically it is less of a pancake and more of a crepe with bananas inside, fried, and slathered in English cream and chocolate sauce. It’s pretty much dessert, so you can see why I am enamoured with it.

Also at Panwa Beach is the “On the Beach” restaurant. Cheapest food we've found so far, and amazingly tasty! And as aptly named as Cindy's Pancakes. Rest assured that if you come to Panwa Beach, you’ll never be confused as to the location and/or purpose of any establishment. We have a well-named selection of hotels here, including By the Sea and Panwa Beach Resort. But I digress. On the Beach restaurant has some great shakes, and it was an ideal location to meet up with people and enjoy the scenic views.

DSC02117

I am in love with this beach. Not just because of the pancakes, either! (Though, admittedly, that is a significant part of it…) There're so many cool things to see, and it's never busy!
A Crab, very close-up. And I wasn’t using the zoom on my camera, either. We’re convinced it was a blind crab because it let me get within two inches of it with a camera lens without freaking out (on both the crab’s part and my own).
A Crab, very close-up. And I wasn’t using the zoom on my camera, either. We’re convinced it was a blind crab because it let me get within two inches of it with a camera lens without freaking out (on both the crab’s part and my own).
- LuckyStar

No comments:

Post a Comment