Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 28th, 2013 - The Sea Cucumber

Topping today’s list of strange creatures: The Sea Cucumber.

DSC02251

We ran across this little guy during low tide at Ao Yon beach. By little, of course, I mean disconcertingly large. Bigger than my hand, smaller than a breadbox—you get the drift. It didn’t do much…mind you, it was trapped in a puddle so I can hardly judge (I’ve done less in a day without being trapped in a puddle, so I think we can give it the benefit of the doubt here).

DSC02249

We are fairly certain after having poked it with a stick (humanely and with the utmost care for the Sea Cucumber’s physical and psychological wellbeing) that this is the bottom of the Sea Cucumber.

DSC02247

Geogirl and I stared at it for a while. It may or may not have stared back, we couldn’t really figure out which end was which. Regardless, we thought it necessary to share these pictures so that you, too, can experience the nightmare/really weird dream-fuel that is a Sea Cucumber.

- LuckyStar

No comments:

Post a Comment